Editto sopra Ii Ebrei, Marcello Crescenzi, Ferrara 1762
Only Edition - Community - Jewish Fire Brigate
- Lot Number 52913
- Title (English) Editto sopra Ii Ebrei. Marcello del Titolo di S. Maria in Traspontina della S.R.C. Prete Card. Crescenzi Arcivescovo di Ferrara, e Legato a Latere & c.
- Note Only Edition - Community - Jewish Fire Brigate
- Author Marcello Crescenzi
- City Ferrara
- Publisher nella Stamperia Camerale
- Publication Date 1762
- Estimated Price - Low 500
- Estimated Price - High 1,000
- Item # 2271612
- End Date
- Start Date
 p.. folio, 317:221 mm., light age and damp staining, wide margins. A very good copy as issued.
At head of title: Marcello Crescenzi Cardinal coat of arms in red and black inks
Rare, only two copies found: one at the Columbia University and the other at the HUC Library
Rules for the participation of the Jews in firefighting operations. Edict issued by Cardinal Marcello Crescenzi (1694-1768), Papal Legate to Ferrara, on the participation of the Jews in the firefighting operations in the city of Ferrara. The edict orders Jews to participate in the operations supporting the firefighting soldiers with 40 men, who will be led by the soldiers to the location of the fire, while other soldiers will control the Ghetto. If the fire is too big, the Lieutenant can ask for more Jewish men. If the fire occurs on Saturday or on another Jewish holiday, Jews can refuse to participate, but will have to pay for someone else to participate on their behalf.
Italian; Latin (on the bottom of the page notification of the edict publication and posting of the edict)