Pro Universitate Hæbreorum, Ferrara 
Only Edition - Community - Vacant domains in the Jewish Ghetto
- Final Bid Price: $140.00 Reserve Price Not Met
- 3 Bid(s) View Bid History
- Lot Number 52916
- Title (English) Pro Universitate Hæbreorum cum Interssatis in Ghetto Civitatis Ferrariæ Iuris Allegationes
- Note Only Edition - Community - Vacant domains in the Jewish Ghetto
- City Ferrara
- Publisher nella Camerali
- Publication Date MDCLXXXVIII 
- Estimated Price - Low 1,000
- Estimated Price - High 3,000
- Item # 2272007
- End Date
- Start Date
[4; 4 blank] pp.. folio, 301:21 mm., light age and damp staining, wide margins. A very good copy as issued.
Rare, only three copies found: one each at Columbia University, John Hopkins, and the other at HUC.
Rules for the disposition of housing units in the Jewish Ghetto of Ferrara as a result of a smaller population. The rules require for the community to pay the rent of the empty houses until such time a as they are de-acquisitioned from the community to the general housing stock of the gentiles. The decrease was the result of conversions to Christianity by members of the community seeking economic status and financial gains.